burglary season in Greenwich has already started. Some of the worst days in the year for domestic break-ins and burglaries are coming up in the next few days and weeks. Is your domestic security system up-to-date with your insurance company.
According to Churchill Home Insurance, the number of burglary claims relating to theft on New Years’ Eve is typically 28% higher than the December average.
Other peak days for break-ins include December 19th and January 5th, which see 12% more claims than the monthly average
If you’re locked out, lost your keys, require a spare key cut, want to change your locks or need to upgrade your security etc. then you should call your local MLA Licensed Locksmith. You can find a local MLA locksmith on our website, we recommend you put their number into your mobile phone so you have easy access to it in case of emergency.
- Keep ladders and garden tools locked up.
- Use BS3621 deadlocks and security bolts on outside doors, and lock them up securely at night or when you are out of the house.
- Fit a alarm. If you can afford to do so, fit Ring.com system too. Opportunistic thieves will pass your house by if they notice it has good security measures.
- Don’t put keys under plant pots, under the mat burglars know these spots. If you must leave a key outside the house, give it to a trusted neighbour or friend.
- Use & fake TVs timer to switch your lights on and off when your home is unoccupied.
- Wooden doors are far easier to break down than PVC doors, so fit lock to BS3621 and a LONDON BAR. To strengthen your security.