Christmas is fast approaching and Bill from Lockmaster1 want to wish all my friends & customers very Happy Christmas. We will be open For all the festive season. If your lockout or need new lock call Bill the locksmith from 24hr locksmith Greenwich / Blackheath From Lockmaster1 Locksmiths, have a wonderful Safe and Christmas and New Year.
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you’re just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures – a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home)
- Install good outside lighting
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault
a tenant called a national company . The Customer left keys inside the lock and shut the door. This job would have been easy for a trained Locksmith. the company completely destroyed the lock. & Charged the Customer £190 for a 7pm call out Also left the customer with an open door I Supplied a new lock. Left the customer with a working lock. if you need a Master locksmith
I was reading an article which mentioned that in the past two decades, over 22 million uPVC and Composite doors have been fitted throughout the UK, but now many older Multipoint locks are reaching the end of their lifecycle.
There is a replacement multipoint lock system available which is a genuine like-for-like replacement.
If you’re interested in finding out more, Contact Bill at Lockmaster1 07908959198
This year the MLA is celebrating its 60th anniversary and as part of our celebration we are giving away, with the help of our sponsor ERA, a HomeGuard house alarm.
If you are interested in winning this product, please help us raise awareness of the locksmithing industry within the UK.
👉 All you have to do to participate is tag 3 friends in a comment with the message <did you know that the only locksmiths in the UK that are Vetted, Qualified and Inspected are the MLA approved company members?>. We will choose the lucky winner on 10th of September. Good luck!
To find the approved company locksmith that is closest to you please visit: www.locksmiths.co.uk
For more information about ERA security products please visit: www.erahomesecurity.com
Would you like to send us a gift back? It would be much appreciated if you could like our Facebook Page 😊
For T&C please visit : https://www.facebook.com/notes/master-locksmiths-association-mla/competition-tc/1800265860021721/
Fire Safety Advice for Landlords
FIRE SAFETY ADVICE FOR LANDLORDS, MANAGING AGENTS, PRIVATE DWELLINGS, BLOCKS OF FLATS AND OWNERS OF HOUSES IN MULTIPLE OCCUPATION AND SOCIAL HOUSING.
Just like employers, landlords have certain legal obligations when it comes to fire safety and protection of their properties and the safety of people who reside in their premises. However, it is not as simple as ensuring there is a couple of fire extinguishers to hand – fire safety largely depends on the potential risks and the different types of buildings can cause confusion.
For example, a building that is used for a single tenancy will differ to one which is shared across commercial and residential lettings. Legislation requires that landlords carry out fire risk assessments in all areas of their properties. This process will identify any fire hazards and who is at risk and decide if anything needs to be done to remove or reduce that risk.
The advice given in this section is intended to guide and advise Landlords, managing agents and owners of the following types of properties on best practice as well as your legal responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (2005), this is commonly known as the Fire Safety Order (FSO).
Emergency call out to an apartment on the 10th floor in Bermondsey SE1. After a customer had one of the national locksmith companies install a Yale Conexis L1 Smartlock entry system to their apartment door. The end result wasn’t good, they installed the locking system incorrectly leaving the customer locked-out of her flat for two days.
Thanks to Yale, their excellent customer service gave the customer Lockmaster1’s contact details.
Luckily enough, I was at the Master Locksmith Regional Meeting in Stratford-upon-Avon, where Yale was demonstrating the new Yale Conexis L1 Smart Lock entry system and was instructed how to install the Yale Conexis L1 Smart Lock entry system correctly.
The only problem encountered was needing remove the lock destructively to install the new Yale Conexis L1 Smart Lock entry system.
Had an emergency call out today by an old lady in her 90s. Arrived on site within 20 minutes .She showed me what was wrong with the door.
It was an old aluminium door with a Union 2 boat and latch system . It has been discontinued for quite a number of years. I spent 20 minutes working on the door. When I finished the door it was working near enough good as new. Told the lady it was all done .She checked it was working ,she was very happy . When I showed her the invoice she told me she will not be paying it as it is a council house.
I tried to explain to her that I do not work for the council. she told me when she rang the council up they told her to get a sub contractor to do the work . I wasn’t going to argue with her must put this one down to experience .One extra step towards the Pearly Gates.
Upgraded to new British standard BS3621 2007 night latch Thamesmead SE28
Our Coverage Areas
- Emergency Locksmith Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith North Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith Blackheath
- Emergency Locksmith Woolwich
- Emergency Locksmith Eltham
- Emergency Locksmith Charlton
- Emergency Locksmith Welling
- Emergency Locksmith Abbey Wood
- Emergency Locksmith Kidbrooke
- Emergency Locksmith Thamesmead
- Emergency Locksmith Lee
- Emergency Locksmith Dartford
Our Business Hours
24 Hours - 7 Days a Week
Greenwich WhatTrader Scheme
See our WhatTrader Page