Lockmaster1 Locksmiths is here for you during this challenging time. We now function as an essential business to provide customers with emergency Callout. Our Mobile office in Greenwich. is generally open with limited inventory, Monday to Sunday8am to 6.30pm. Please adhere to social distancing. Mobile Emergency Locksmit Greenwich SE10 We provide lock and key services 8am to 6.30pm, seven days a week. Whether you are locked out of your home or business, our team of reliable locksmiths will come to you in in 15 minutes. Our service is fast! When you call, we will be there to help you immediately. Our Locksmith will always be qualified Master Locksmith’s We offer a wide variety of services and products, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Bill at Lockmaster1 Ltd today for more information about how we can best help you with the security of your home or business. Lockmaster1 Ltd Locksmith in Greenwich Lockmaster1 Ltd Locksmith has been serving in Greenwich since 2000. There’s nothing worse than locking yourself out of your home or Business and having nowhere to turn. It’s frustrating, stressful, and sometimes can be dangerous. That’s why at Locksmiths Greenwich , we provide quick, reliable services so you never feel alone in a Time of need. We want to make process stress free, simple, Our qualified Master locksmiths are trained to handle all types of emergency locksmith calls whether if it’s for commercial, residential, business, Locksmiths Greenwich are here for you. Call bill at Lockmaster1 Limited on 07908959198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org you can visit the website. www.lockmaster1.co.uk
To celebrate Home Security Month we’ve been quizzing our locksmith’s members on their top tips for home security, the ups and downs of their job and the weirdest situations locksmithing has gotten them into.
Our latest interview is with Bill McFadyen of Lockmaster1 in Greenwich. After trying everything from cabinet-making to carpentry Bill stumbled across the Master Locksmith Association and discovered locksmithing was where he wanted to focus his attention. Here, Bill tells all about the security mistakes homeowners make all too often, and the best and worst parts of his job.
1. What’s the biggest security mistake you find homeowners make?
Those with a composite or UPVC door tend to close the door and think that it’s completely locked, what they don’t understand is that the correct way is to lift the handle up fully and turn the key.
2. Are there any other common mistakes?
Neglecting home security measures on sheds and outbuildings, leaving ladders unchained (allowing burglars to use them as access to the upper floors of the building), not having locking security measures on the first floor bedroom windows, installing cheap locks and leaving the security alarm unarmed just in case it goes off while on holiday thus annoying the neighbours.
3. What do burglars look out for?
Unanswered mail gives burglars a heads up that you’re on holiday – letting everybody know on social media while they are on holiday is even worse! Leaving keys under the porch carpet or in a pot are obvious places for a burglar to look and leaving valuables on display.
4. Why did you choose to become a locksmith?
In the past, I have been a carpenter, cabinetmaker and a bit of a MacGyver. I’ve always liked playing about and picking as a hobby, but about 10 years ago I was a contracts manager in a window manufacturing company and I was made redundant so I decided to give locksmithing a go.
When I got involved with the Master Locksmiths Association I discovered that this is an industry that I find fascinating. I wouldn’t say it was easy at the beginning – there are quite a few three to five-day courses out there where they say you can become a locksmith instantly – believe me this is not the case.
5. What are the best and worst parts of the job?
The best part of the job is the fact that it’s never the same from one day to the next. You are always meeting different people from all walks of life. One day you could be working in a mansion the next day you can be working in public toilets, you just never know.
Also, where else could you get paid to do your hobby? As I have improved over the years I’ve been able to help other locksmiths enhance their skills which is another highlight. The only negative part of the job would be the unsociable hours and the fact that you are never off duty even when you’re on holiday.
6. What would your one top tip for Home Security Month be?
Go outside your house and question how you would enter your premises if you were locked out. It is surprising the number of surveys I do with homeowners where I ask them to do the same things and they realise themselves where their security is really lacking.
Head to www.lockmaster1.co.uk to find out more about Lockmaster1
READ MORE LOCKSMITH INTERVIEWS: for more Interviews with MLA approved Locksmiths, please see our every interview with a locksmith so far page
Christmas is fast approaching and Bill from Lockmaster1 want to wish all my friends & customers very Happy Christmas. We will be open For all the festive season. If your lockout or need new lock call Bill the locksmith from 24hr locksmith Greenwich / Blackheath From Lockmaster1 Locksmiths, have a wonderful Safe and Christmas and New Year.
Christmas is a favorite time for burglars – with Christmas pricey presents under the tree and a chance of you being out visiting family, friends or shopping,
!) Get a free home or survey
2) Fit an alarm system
3) Fit BS3621 or Secured by Design Dead Locks -Insurance Approved Dead-locks
4) Fit high-quality locks on windows & doors
5) Improve lighting
6) fit an insurance approved safe to the value of your belongings & instilled manufactures’ instructions
7) Keep keys safe burglars know where to look for your keys
8) fit a Ring.com Door bell
10) Instil a parking post on your drive. New keyless start car are stolen Every day
If you have you have been burgled
1) Contact the police
2) Once the police have been, Secure the property only uses a Master Locksmith
3) Check your spare keys. first thing a Burglars often steal is your spare keys, so they can come back anytime
4) Make a list of what has stolen and Contact your insurance company
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you’re just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures – a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home)
- Install good outside lighting
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault
I was reading an article which mentioned that in the past two decades, over 22 million uPVC and Composite doors have been fitted throughout the UK, but now many older Multipoint locks are reaching the end of their lifecycle.
There is a replacement multipoint lock system available which is a genuine like-for-like replacement.
If you’re interested in finding out more, Contact Bill at Lockmaster1 07908959198
I was reading an article regarding burglaries in the UK. I was surprised to see that Dagenham is the largest hotspots in the UK for burglaries. While Suffolk and Folkestone are among the lowest in the country. There has been an increase burglaries in the Greenwich area especially in Blackheath & SE3 postcode. Most burglars are taking advantage of people’s lack of security knowledge. My main advice would be that you should consider what you would do if you were locked out. Think about how you would gain entry to your own home or business. That’s what the burglar does. Then think about how you could make that more difficult.
Losing your laptop, jewellery, mobile phone in a burglary is just the start. Burglars don’t care about damaging your property. They leave a trail of carnage behind by emptying out drawer’s and cupboards and if the contents are not worth stealing they don’t care whether they damage them or not. Knowing someone has been inside your home can be just as traumatic as losing your property and there is the additional fear of the possibility of them returning.
I read an article where it stated that burglary is also more common than you may think. According to figures from UK Crime Stats there are over 450,000 burglaries a year – that’s nearly one EVERY MINUTE across the UK.
To defend your home install a security system burglars are put off by and as new ideas and home security systems evolve alarm systems are becoming smarter than ever,
Defenses such as Ring.com doorbell ,fake TV’s, and door / Smart home IP cameras which can be accessed by your smart phone are highly recommended and in addition why not get a free security check from your local Master Locksmith Association member.
Most properties are empty 80% of the time.
At Lockmaster1 we can supply almost any security solution which is needed for the home or business.
The Master Locksmith Association has been working on some good projects i.e. MP’s Survey’s and now the Home Office is looking at the MLA for their help to beef up their security and to help them deal with hate crime. Plus, did you know the MLA have been asked to carry out surveys by the responsible persons at their places of worship? Contact Lockmaster1 for more information.
Our Coverage Areas
- Emergency Locksmith Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith North Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith Blackheath
- Emergency Locksmith Woolwich
- Emergency Locksmith Eltham
- Emergency Locksmith Charlton
- Emergency Locksmith Welling
- Emergency Locksmith Abbey Wood
- Emergency Locksmith Kidbrooke
- Emergency Locksmith Thamesmead
- Emergency Locksmith Lee
- Emergency Locksmith Dartford
Our Business Hours
24 Hours - 7 Days a Week
Greenwich WhatTrader Scheme
See our WhatTrader Page