Christmas is fast approaching and Bill from Lockmaster1 want to wish all my friends & customers very Happy Christmas. We will be open For all the festive season. If your lockout or need new lock call Bill the locksmith from 24hr locksmith Greenwich / Blackheath From Lockmaster1 Locksmiths, have a wonderful Safe and Christmas and New Year.
Christmas is a favorite time for burglars – with Christmas pricey presents under the tree and a chance of you being out visiting family, friends or shopping,
!) Get a free home or survey
2) Fit an alarm system
3) Fit BS3621 or Secured by Design Dead Locks -Insurance Approved Dead-locks
4) Fit high-quality locks on windows & doors
5) Improve lighting
6) fit an insurance approved safe to the value of your belongings & instilled manufactures’ instructions
7) Keep keys safe burglars know where to look for your keys
8) fit a Ring.com Door bell
10) Instil a parking post on your drive. New keyless start car are stolen Every day
If you have you have been burgled
1) Contact the police
2) Once the police have been, Secure the property only uses a Master Locksmith
3) Check your spare keys. first thing a Burglars often steal is your spare keys, so they can come back anytime
4) Make a list of what has stolen and Contact your insurance company
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you’re just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures – a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home)
- Install good outside lighting
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault
I attended The customers Premises after he Lost he’s Kays When he was out running in Grenwich park . I opens both doors In less than 30 seconds . He said he couldn’t believe how easy it was open he’s doors. I explained to him that the locks will note up to BS3621 2007. And Low standard of lock. I upgraded he’s Euro Cylinder to a 3 star Cylinder I think insurance documents requested looks up to BS3627 2007. I Advanced Him to contact hey is insurance To let them know what Locks he had installed. On he’s doors. 7 out of 10 customers I visit if they looked up their insurance documents before install new locks. They wood find there locks on the hour or flat door Does not mate there insurance-requirements
a tenant called a national company . The Customer left keys inside the lock and shut the door. This job would have been easy for a trained Locksmith. the company completely destroyed the lock. & Charged the Customer £190 for a 7pm call out Also left the customer with an open door I Supplied a new lock. Left the customer with a working lock. if you need a Master locksmith
I was reading an article which mentioned that in the past two decades, over 22 million uPVC and Composite doors have been fitted throughout the UK, but now many older Multipoint locks are reaching the end of their lifecycle.
There is a replacement multipoint lock system available which is a genuine like-for-like replacement.
If you’re interested in finding out more, Contact Bill at Lockmaster1 07908959198
I was reading an article regarding burglaries in the UK. I was surprised to see that Dagenham is the largest hotspots in the UK for burglaries. While Suffolk and Folkestone are among the lowest in the country. There has been an increase burglaries in the Greenwich area especially in Blackheath & SE3 postcode. Most burglars are taking advantage of people’s lack of security knowledge. My main advice would be that you should consider what you would do if you were locked out. Think about how you would gain entry to your own home or business. That’s what the burglar does. Then think about how you could make that more difficult.
Got a call last week from a client in DA7 4BN Postcode. I gave her a price for supply and installation. She was happy with the price and we booked an appointment for Wednesday morning. I was talking to a friend of mine was telling me he was installing. Yale Digital lock on Wednesday and I asked him where it was and it was at the same address. I called the client and I asked her why she had booked another Locksmith in to do the same job in the afternoon the answer to me was it she was not happy she would asked me to remove it and get someone else to install the lock. First time in 20 years this ever happened to my company. If you get a call from this customer her mobile number ends in 8888
Dedicated Locksmith Help
If you’re disabled or elderly and you are finding it difficult to open and close your front door, back door or
windows, these days there are various different methods to overcome this. At lockmaster1 if we are unable to guarantee to resolve it on the day, we will either find a product that will suit your needs or even get a bespoke item made, just for you.
There are many different types of access control systems, that vary from keyless, access self-closing doors, to simple automatically self-locking systems.
Call today and quote “Disabled and Elderly” for free on-site advice and quotation.
Many new build properties are now using euro cylinders as the preferred choice of lock, they are easy to replace and come in different grades of security, including BS which means them are resistant to most forms of attack. Contact us for more information on the types of euro-cylinders available.
Mortise deadlocks are an essential part of your security; they offer excellent value for for money, come in a range of sizes and often are required to meet BS36221 for home insurance requirements.
Make Your Home Safer
Our friendly professional locksmiths are happy to give practical advice to secure your home. With 10 years of experience we are quick to find weaknesses and can provide solutions to make your home safer.
Our Coverage Areas
- Emergency Locksmith Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith North Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith Blackheath
- Emergency Locksmith Woolwich
- Emergency Locksmith Eltham
- Emergency Locksmith Charlton
- Emergency Locksmith Welling
- Emergency Locksmith Abbey Wood
- Emergency Locksmith Kidbrooke
- Emergency Locksmith Thamesmead
- Emergency Locksmith Lee
- Emergency Locksmith Dartford
Our Business Hours
24 Hours - 7 Days a Week
Greenwich WhatTrader Scheme
See our WhatTrader Page