burglary season in Greenwich has already started. Some of the worst days in the year for domestic break-ins and burglaries are coming up in the next few days and weeks. Is your domestic security system up-to-date with your insurance company.
According to Churchill Home Insurance, the number of burglary claims relating to theft on New Years’ Eve is typically 28% higher than the December average.
Other peak days for break-ins include December 19th and January 5th, which see 12% more claims than the monthly average
If you’re locked out, lost your keys, require a spare key cut, want to change your locks or need to upgrade your security etc. then you should call your local MLA Licensed Locksmith. You can find a local MLA locksmith on our website, we recommend you put their number into your mobile phone so you have easy access to it in case of emergency.
- Keep ladders and garden tools locked up.
- Use BS3621 deadlocks and security bolts on outside doors, and lock them up securely at night or when you are out of the house.
- Fit a alarm. If you can afford to do so, fit Ring.com system too. Opportunistic thieves will pass your house by if they notice it has good security measures.
- Don’t put keys under plant pots, under the mat burglars know these spots. If you must leave a key outside the house, give it to a trusted neighbour or friend.
- Use & fake TVs timer to switch your lights on and off when your home is unoccupied.
- Wooden doors are far easier to break down than PVC doors, so fit lock to BS3621 and a LONDON BAR. To strengthen your security.
Christmas is fast approaching and Bill from Lockmaster1 want to wish all my friends & customers very Happy Christmas. We will be open For all the festive season. If your lockout or need new lock call Bill the locksmith from 24hr locksmith Greenwich / Blackheath From Lockmaster1 Locksmiths, have a wonderful Safe and Christmas and New Year.
Christmas is a favorite time for burglars – with Christmas pricey presents under the tree and a chance of you being out visiting family, friends or shopping,
!) Get a free home or survey
2) Fit an alarm system
3) Fit BS3621 or Secured by Design Dead Locks -Insurance Approved Dead-locks
4) Fit high-quality locks on windows & doors
5) Improve lighting
6) fit an insurance approved safe to the value of your belongings & instilled manufactures’ instructions
7) Keep keys safe burglars know where to look for your keys
8) fit a Ring.com Door bell
10) Instil a parking post on your drive. New keyless start car are stolen Every day
If you have you have been burgled
1) Contact the police
2) Once the police have been, Secure the property only uses a Master Locksmith
3) Check your spare keys. first thing a Burglars often steal is your spare keys, so they can come back anytime
4) Make a list of what has stolen and Contact your insurance company
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you’re just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures – a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home)
- Install good outside lighting
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault
I attended The customers Premises after he Lost he’s Kays When he was out running in Grenwich park . I opens both doors In less than 30 seconds . He said he couldn’t believe how easy it was open he’s doors. I explained to him that the locks will note up to BS3621 2007. And Low standard of lock. I upgraded he’s Euro Cylinder to a 3 star Cylinder I think insurance documents requested looks up to BS3627 2007. I Advanced Him to contact hey is insurance To let them know what Locks he had installed. On he’s doors. 7 out of 10 customers I visit if they looked up their insurance documents before install new locks. They wood find there locks on the hour or flat door Does not mate there insurance-requirements
a tenant called a national company . The Customer left keys inside the lock and shut the door. This job would have been easy for a trained Locksmith. the company completely destroyed the lock. & Charged the Customer £190 for a 7pm call out Also left the customer with an open door I Supplied a new lock. Left the customer with a working lock. if you need a Master locksmith
I was reading an article which mentioned that in the past two decades, over 22 million uPVC and Composite doors have been fitted throughout the UK, but now many older Multipoint locks are reaching the end of their lifecycle.
There is a replacement multipoint lock system available which is a genuine like-for-like replacement.
If you’re interested in finding out more, Contact Bill at Lockmaster1 07908959198
I was reading an article regarding burglaries in the UK. I was surprised to see that Dagenham is the largest hotspots in the UK for burglaries. While Suffolk and Folkestone are among the lowest in the country. There has been an increase burglaries in the Greenwich area especially in Blackheath & SE3 postcode. Most burglars are taking advantage of people’s lack of security knowledge. My main advice would be that you should consider what you would do if you were locked out. Think about how you would gain entry to your own home or business. That’s what the burglar does. Then think about how you could make that more difficult.
Got a call last week from a client in DA7 4BN Postcode. I gave her a price for supply and installation. She was happy with the price and we booked an appointment for Wednesday morning. I was talking to a friend of mine was telling me he was installing. Yale Digital lock on Wednesday and I asked him where it was and it was at the same address. I called the client and I asked her why she had booked another Locksmith in to do the same job in the afternoon the answer to me was it she was not happy she would asked me to remove it and get someone else to install the lock. First time in 20 years this ever happened to my company. If you get a call from this customer her mobile number ends in 8888
Our Coverage Areas
- Emergency Locksmith Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith North Greenwich
- Emergency Locksmith Blackheath
- Emergency Locksmith Woolwich
- Emergency Locksmith Eltham
- Emergency Locksmith Charlton
- Emergency Locksmith Welling
- Emergency Locksmith Abbey Wood
- Emergency Locksmith Kidbrooke
- Emergency Locksmith Thamesmead
- Emergency Locksmith Lee
- Emergency Locksmith Dartford
Our Business Hours
24 Hours - 7 Days a Week
Greenwich WhatTrader Scheme
See our WhatTrader Page